Information Literacy Goals for Early Learning Center Library Program
Through planned activities the children begin to:
• Listen with attention during story time.
• Learn about the terms "fiction" and "nonfiction" and recognize the differences.
• Be exposed to a variety of fiction and nonfiction books, as well as books rich with sound and rhyme.
• Make connections to own lives through the messages of stories.
• Focus on concepts to learn new information about their world.
• Provide materials to develop the children’s interests, experience, knowledge and development.